Monday, March 17, 2008

Uphill Battle

Allen has been pretty sick for the last couple of days. You pair that fact with Ashton needing antibiotics and you get some more days of school missed. I remember being a kid and trying to trick my mom into thinking I was sick at least twice (and it worked) but not missing much school overall.

I had planned to submit my resume to a local company today and instead of taking just Abby, I ended up taking all three kids. It wasn't that big of a deal, it was just a little harder to get out the door.

Allen is reading very well these days. I have been playing a game called Professor Layton and the Curious Village and it is basically a story that wraps around about 180 different logic and math puzzles you could see on an SAT test. Some are just tricky while others are truly challenging to solve. He was interested and we played the game together today. I highly recommend this game to anyone who enjoys actual brain teasers. It is a really fun and well put together game. It is possible that the two sequels that are already out in Japan may be released here. Check out this video from the game.



No comments: