Monday, June 30, 2008

Late Night Gift Exchange

Just before bed, Allen declared that he wanted me to give him a gift. Ashton liked the sound of this and also wanted a gift. They did not expect me to leave and buy them gifts but rather specified right up front that I could give them something from around the house.

I gave Allen a strategy guide that has been behind a stack of video games for a couple of years. It is a guide to the game Dragon Quest VIII which he has played before and likes so he was very appreciative. Ashton received a lanyard and a pocket watch with the logo of my employer on the face. I also gave her a silver metal box to store precious things in. I remember loving little boxes and the like as a kid. Allen gave me a hug and a kiss and was very happy. Ashton decided she needed to give me something so she told me to leave her room so that she could create artwork suitable for the situation. It was a very nice set of hearts and the word "Daddy" at the top. On the reverse side was a sunflower.

What a nice way to end the day!

No comments: