Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Stepping in to the Future

Today we went to Allen's school for an open house. It was busy and hot and we were running a little behind. The school is close by and his teacher, Mrs. Lee seems very nice. Amber and I had some issues as to whether Allen should be in first grade or Kindergarten but after all was said and done he begins first grade tomorrow.

Ashton will be starting school next week, too. Tonight she was being kind of aggressive verbally and I acted as though she had hurt my feelings. I said that I may even cry. She looked sad and said: "even if I tell you I hate you I really still love you, Daddy." I thought that was nice considering she didn't actually come out and say she hated me. I took it to mean that even in the worst case that she were to say something really hurtful she really still loved me in spite of how she felt. Amazing. It made me stop for a second and think about it.

No comments: