Saturday, November 3, 2007

Building Bridges

Last night I had trouble sleeping because of my cold. I think that breathing through my mouth makes my mouth so dry that I wake up. The point is that as the morning wore on I fell asleep on the couch. Amber was mad (rightfully so) because she is also sick but did not have an opportunity to take a nap. I woke up to hear the kids crying and Amber glaring at me.

I realized that I couldn't just lay there and jumped up. First I went into Allen's room. He told me to go but I finally got him to laugh a bit. He told me that he did not want to clean his room or put his clothes away but that was the only way Amber was going to let him have candy. I told him that I would help and that made him feel a lot better.

Ashton and Abby heard him laughing and they came into his room. I asked if we wanted to make some mail for each other and the kids emphatically agreed. The four of us sat in Allen's room and made some colorful messages for one another. I really enjoyed it. After we were done the kids were allowed to have candy.

After the good time we had together it was a little harder for me to leave for work. I would have rather stayed home and played more soccer or catch with the kids. At least Amber was awake when I got home.

No comments: