Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Night Out

Having kids as young as 6, 4, and 2 usually means we don't eat out. Tonight we went to a restaurant and spent some fun time together. Everyone was pretty well behaved. Apparently the only incident we had is that Ashton was singing Disney songs loudly in the bathroom.

I took the opportunity to teach the kids the popular seasonal rhyme: Trick or treat. Smell my feet. Give me something good to eat. If you don't, I don't care. You can smell my underwear. It was a hit.

On our way to the restaurant Allen decided to cut out small strips of paper and roll them up on the end of a pencil. He called them scrolls and would write messages on them such as "stingkey butt" or "I hate you" while he would laugh. He insisted that he didn't mean what was written but Ashton got rather upset and started to yell a bit. Amber and I laughed. We thought it was pretty funny that she was getting so upset while she couldn't actually read the little slips of paper.

No comments: