Friday, August 31, 2007

Family Cuddle Time

Tonight was a rare instance that everyone was home during waking hours. When I got home we all cozied up on the couch and watched a cartoon movie on television. It was nice. It is getting less and less common for us to do this kind of thing.

Yesterday Allen had soccer practice and I was the one to take him. We were there for about five minutes and he had his feelings hurt and refused to participate. He demanded we go home. This was one of those times as a father that I really didn't know what to do. I really wanted him to play but there was no convincing him to do what I wanted. When we got home he was in a bad mood. I felt that he was being too sensitive but Amber said that he was not feeling good. It sure is tough to be a parent. It is probably tougher to be a kid when a parent is having a difficult time.

No comments: