Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Let's Fly a Kite

Recently the kids had received kites as a gift from their grandparents on Amber's side. As I have said, my knee has been giving me plenty of trouble lately and we have not been able to launch the kites. Today Allen opened his kite and announced that he was flying the kite. I really wanted to help so Allen, Ashton, Abby and I all went out to give it a try. The wind was almost perfect for flying! Much to my surprise the kite flew almost immediately. I remember being disappointed by kites as a kid but this one just worked. We all had fun until Abby tried to make a break for it by running to the road and scaring me. I am in no shape to run so I kind of half ran, half hopped to intercept her. Thank goodness we don't live on a busy street.

No comments: