Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Dreary Day

It felt like an Autumn day. The air was crisp with a cold breeze and it rained a little. I took the kids out to the bus stop and I put my hoodie up. Ashton and Allen were jogging in place with me to stay warm. Fortunately, we did not have to wait long for the bus.

Abby is getting to be quite the climber. There are no obstacles too great in the house anymore. I feel happy that she is now bored with climbing over the gates. I think it is no longer a challenge for her. She wanted to sing a few songs with me today and we had a few duets throughout the morning. Ashton got home and we sang some more songs and then watched a couple of Disney princess movies. Abby settled in on the couch and slept for quite a while sitting up. A day like this makes you want to cuddle up in a thick blanket. Allen got home and he had a big smudge on his nose and forehead that turned out to be from a pencil he was drawing with. The ride on the bus is long and his bag is stocked with plenty of paper and things to draw with. It looked like he was practicing smudging the pencil and making the shades blend. He was in a bit of a bad mood and told me several times that he just wasn't very happy today. We agreed that it must have been the weather.

Amber worked a long day and got home just in time for us to be reading stories before bedtime. She is really passionate about her work. I like that about her. She really cares about her clients and she is sincere about doing the right thing.

No comments: