Monday, October 15, 2007

Teacher In Service Day

This morning started off with Ashton vomiting and having flu like symptoms. She climbed in to bed herself and then I gave her medicine and brought a radio in for her to listen to music. There were a couple of instances that I needed to hold her hair while she was sick. I felt very bad for her but by early afternoon she was acting normally.

Allen asked that I teach him how to fold a paper airplane so there are several of them around the house. He was very creative today and drew a few pictures and was making projects throughout the day. His teacher called today and told me that his is doing really well and is a great reader, good at writing, and good at math and logic. She said that occasionally he will get really frustrated and it will bring him to tears. I told him that it is okay not to get things the first try and that people want to help him. All anyone needs to do is ask for help when we need it.

Abby climbed up on the couch and snuggled up with me. She fell asleep really fast. It felt nice that she wanted to be close to me. At bed time she and I again cuddled and it seemed like we were forming a stronger bond.

No comments: